GATE 2015 Online Registration apply process:
GATE-Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an all India examination. Its main intension is to test the panoptic understanding of many undergraduate subjects in science and engineering. It can be held jointly by the Indian institute of science and seven Indian institutes of Technology(IIT-Bombay,IIT-Delhi,IIT-Gawhati,IIT-Kanpur,IIT-Karagpur,IIT-Madras,IIT-Roorkee) along with National Coordination Board-GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development(MHRD), Government of India. It is mainly used for getting admissions to various PG-Post Graduate programs (e.g. Master of Engineering, Master of technology, and Doctor of philosophy) in Indian higher education institutes associated with financial assistance provided through MHRD and other government agencies. Being, GATE is one of the most competitive examinations in India, It’s score can be used by many Indian public sector undertakings. Friends you can also get govt jobs with GATE score card in PSU’s HPCL, IOCL, GAIL, NTPC, BHEL and so on.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR HAVING IITK GATE 2015 EXAMINATION:
1) Bachelor’s Degree holders in engineering/Technology/Architecture and Master’s degree holders in any branch of science, mathematics, statistics, computer applications are equivalent those who are in the final year of such programs.
2) Candidates with qualifications acquired through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E/ B. Tech.
3) Candidates in the second year or higher year of four-year integrated Master degree programs in Engineering/Technology and in the fourth or higher degree of five-year integrated master degree programs/Dual Degree programs in Engineering/Technology.
IITK GATE 2015 ONLINE APPLICATION FORM:
1) GOAPS: Gate Online Application Processing System(GOAPS online) can be accessed from the website of the respective zonal GATE offices or from the website of the GATE 2015 organizing institute gate.iitk.ac.in/GATE2015
2) REGISTRATION: Firstly, Register yourself by providing a valid email address, mobile number and a GOAPS password on . Choose the email id as you check frequently, in such a way that all the communications to you from the gate offices will be sent to this address (DO NOT USE OTHER’S EMAIL ADDRESS). Along with this give your personal mobile number as most of the communications may also be sent via SMS.
GOAPS PASSWORD: This will be the password that you will be providing to the GOAPS at the time of enrolment. You must remember this along with the GOAPS enrolment ID o login to GOAPS. Make sure that password cannot be guessed easily.
(It cannot be your name, date of birth, some string of letters or numbers like abcde , 12345 etc..) So as to ensure that data you provide is not accessible to any person other than yourself. Length of the password should be 8-15 characters.
3) GOAPS ENROLMENT ID: After registration, an email and sms containing your GOAPS enrollment id will be sent to you. You need to remember this along with the GOAPS password for all GATE 2015 related communications/website operations.
4) DATA NECESSARY FOR FILLING APPLICATION FORM:
The following is the information required, before you login to GOAPS using enrolment ID and password.
a) Personal Information (name, date of birth, personal mobile number, parent’s name, parent’s mobile number, permanent address).
b) Eligibility Degree details along with college name including pin-code.
c) GATE paper, choice of GATE examination cities and details of valid id proof that you will carry to examination hall.
d) High quality image of both photograph and signature accordingly specified in the requirements.
e) Scanned copy of both Degree and category certificate from the principal/HODs in pdf format only.
f) Your net banking login and password to make the application fee payment through online net banking mode. In case you are making payment through credit/debit card must possess the information like credit/debit card number, password, CVV number.
5) APPLICATION FILLING GATE 2015:
Fill the necessary data in the online application form by carefully following the instructions given there. You may edit the data at this stage where ever you require. Upload the required soft copy of photo, signature and certificate from the principal (duly signed and stamped by the principal). Check the correctness of the photo and signature that are uploaded. If you are not satisfied, you may upload them again.
6) You have to select the payment options (details given below) while filling the online form.
7) The GOAPS allows you to enter the data, “SAVE” partially filled form, “LOGOUT” and resume filling in by logging in again. You may address the error messages that may appear on saving the filled in data.
8) Before you make the payment, you will be shown a ‘preview’ of your application where you have to carefully check for any errors.
9) Once you press “CONFIRM AND FINAL SUBMIT” button , no further changes to the application can be made by you.
10) PROBLEMS IN LOGIN TO GOAPS:
This step may be used, if the candidate forgets the password or the enrolment ID or did not receive the enrolment ID. Visit the “PROBLEMS IN LOGIN TO GOAPS” link on the GOAPS website.
a) In case of forgotten enrolment ID or non-receipt of enrolment ID via email, candidate must provide mobile number and GOAPS password. The enrolment ID will be sent to the candidate via SMS.
b) In case of forgotten password, candidate must provide mobile number and enrolment ID, which will be verified and a new GOAPS password will be sent to the candidate via sms/e-mail.
c) In case of forgotten both enrolment ID as well as password or payment has not been made, the candidates must re-enroll. If the payment has been made, then the candidate must contact the zonal GATE office.
Please pay attention towards the uploading of fine quality photograph. Submission of poor quality photographs may lead to rejection of your gate application, without any refund of the application fees. Photograph must be a professional photo of Jpeg format. File should be between 5KB and 100KB.
Get the signature digitally image scanned by the professional using a scanner, and carefully get the image cropped by the professional. It must be of Jpeg format. The maximum pixel resolution is 160×560 and the minimum pixel resolution is 80×280.
DETAILS OF APPLICATION FEE FOR GATE 2015:
male candidates (general/OBC) 1500/-
women candidates of any category 750/-
other candidates (general/OBC) 1500/-
SC/ST/PwD* category candidates 750/-